Tuesday, 10 December 2013

Article write up

For my double page spread I had to think about writing an article for my pages. This was wuite a task as I had to make sure that the lexis related to the genre of music I was aiming my magazine towards and I also had to consider my target audience by alterting the type of language I had to use. Here is my final article piece:

Ollie B the world famous singer has recently shown an emotional side to the adventurous character she presents as she released her latest single honouring her mum who passed away when she was the age of 10. The 18 year old shows great pride in her mother through her lyric choice and, although tough, the star reveals her love and memories of mother through her own composition of lyrics which are such an important part. She reveals some news to the public about the song, the death of her mother and how this has affected her within the music industry and her career…

Q. Hi Ollie. Firstly, congratulations on your latest single. It must have been hard to compose such powerful song lyrics. What gave you inspiration and the idea to release a song about your mother?
A. Thank you very much. To start with composing the song was very difficult as it brought back lots of tough memories and being so young, I found this hard to cope with. My mother and I were very close back then, and so losing her wasn’t easy; well it never would be for someone to lose their mum.
Becoming a star in the music industry was always a dream of mine and I always wanted to be able to make my mum proud.
"For her to look down and be proud that I had achieved what I wanted is what I have always wished for."
I have ever since with every song wanted to make my mum proud. My fans have never really been aware of the case with myself and my mum and so releasing a song expressing emotions and memories helped me to reveal the case between our relationship and the tragedy without having to explain it myself in person really.

Q. It is very brave of you to produce such an inspirational song and I am sure your mother will be proud of whatever you do together. I can imagine it was probably hard for you to record the song in the studio and then to release it?

A. Well, yes, to be honest releasing the single and recoding it wasn’t easy as the lyrics are very meaningful, but when I thought of the idea of releasing a song which meant something to me about my mum, I was always aware of this case. I had to face this as this single was going to be my best song.

Q. You are a very mature young lady who thinks well ahead. The idea of the song is brilliant and I am sure that the public will love it and buy it as soon as it is released. How has your mums death affected you within the music industry and your career?

A. Being in the music industry although has been tough at times and sometimes all I have really wanted was a cuddle from mum and for her to tell me everything will be alright when I am stressed.
"my career just helps me to realise I am doing my mum proud as she knew this was all I wanted a child and she always wanted me to succeed in anything I wanted to do. "
I just wish sometimes she would be able to come and see me perform and I wish that she had lived to the point where she could have seen me reach this stage, but I know that she still looks down at me from up above and is in a good place now so that makes me happy. I can’t forget my dad also. He has been the most fantastic dad anyone could wish for and his support through everything is beyond enough. I love him with all my heart and I wish that we could both still be spending time with mum!




The pieces of text presented in speach marks are the pieces of text which I aim to use as my pull quotes.

1 comment:

  1. This is a really great story line here well done! This is interesting and suits the genre really well!

    ReplyDelete